BREAKING: Lagos discharges 10 more patients
The Lagos State government on Friday announced the discharge of 10 more Coronavirus patients, having tested negative twice for the virus.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos, in a statement, said that the number of discharged patients from the isolation centres in the state was now 117.
”My dear Lagosians, I am happy to inform you that 10 more COVID-19 patients; three females and seven males including three foreign nationals, two Indians and one Filipino have been discharged from Yaba isolation facilities and Onikan to reunite with the society.
”The patients, three from Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba and seven from Onikan Isolation Centre were discharged today having fully recovered and tested negative for COVID-19 in two consecutive test readings.
”With this, the total number of cases successfully managed and discharged from our isolation facilities has risen to 117.
”What this shows is that as the number of confirmed cases rise, we are also maintaining a significant discharge rate of our active cases.
”This unequivocally shows that our medical interventions and management of the cases are working,” Mr Sanwo-Olu said.
The governor, also COVID-19 Incident Commander, said that he was encouraged by the support received so far from the good citizens of the state in the battle against COVID-19.
He urged the residents not to relent, but continue keeping faith and trusting that the war was a must-win.
”Remember to practice hand hygiene, join our #MaskUpLagos campaign by using a facemask, especially when outdoor, and do not forget to observe strictly the Social Distancing principle.
”Together, we can break the chain of transmission #ForADiseaseFreeLagos, #ForAGreaterLagos,” Sanwo-Olu said.