INTELLECTUAL YOUNG LEADERS NETWORK – THE RESTORATION FREEDOM MOVEMENT (IYLN-RFM) OF NIGERIA
(From the Office of the North-East Coordinator)
Our Ref: IYLN/NE/001/Vol.II/047.
Federal Republic of Nigeria,
The Honourable Minister,
Ministry for Labour and Employment,
The Director General,
National Directorate of Employment,
Your Excellency Sir,
APPEAL ON 774,000 NATIONWIDE EMPOWERMENT RECRUITMENT EXERCISE: THE NEED TO DECENTRALIZE THE REGISTRATION CENTERS TO EACH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA
May I wish to extend regards to your esteemed personality and office, the above subject matter refers;
1. It has been brought to our attention that following your directives to the Minister of Labour, Employment and Productivity (Festus Keyamo SAN) to collaborate with the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) to go ahead with the recruitment of fresh 774,000 Nigerian youth who will serve in various community development projects.
2. Such a good initiative is indeed highly commendable and a worthy of emulation. IYLN-RFM salutes you.
3. However, based on the purported messages going round on social media platforms, we notice that the recruitment exercise has been kicked off nationwide and the registration centers are said to be located at the NDE offices in the main states’ headquarters across the country.
4. Sir, our observation here is, considering the current challenging situation of the country which ranges from proliferation of COVID-19 pandemic, insurgency of bandits and Boko Haram groups and the sadistic activity of kidnappers.
5. It is highly perilous and risky to invite millions of unemployed people especially those from rural areas to go to the physical job application. Therefore, it is clearly obvious, that some had to travel to hundreds or thousands of kilometers to get to the registration points.
6. If truly this empowerment program is meant for the local people and equally you wanted to balance the equation of 1000 people per LGA then you shouldn’t locate the centre of the program at the states main headquarters only.
7. Conclusively, we hereby call on your Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Director General, National Directorate of Employment (NDE) to reconsider your stand and decentralize the registration center of the program to each of the 774 Local Government Areas of the country. And or if possible consider online recruitment for the benefit and easier accessibility to our local people.
8. Accept the assurances of highest regards of the Intellectual Young Leaders Network, the Restoration Freedom Movement (IYLN-RFM) of Nigeria.
Yours in Nation Building,
AMB. KASSIM ABUBAKAR GAMAWA, CNS, ALC, CNY.
North-East Zonal Coordinator,
COMRADE PRINCE AKINOLA ADAMS
– President of the Senate,
– Hon. Speaker National Assembly,
– Hon. Speakers State Assemblies,
– Secretary to the Federation,
– Hon. Minister of Humanitarian and Disaster Management Affairs,
– The 36 States Governors,
– The 774 Local Governments Chairmen,
– The 36 + FCT NDE Offices,
– Traditional Rulers,
– Nigerian Labour Congress,
– Federal Character Commission,
– Members of the Press (Media),
– Youth and Students Organizations,
– Concerned Activists and
– General Public.
Let’s keep sharing it until it gets to the concern authorities.
Comrade Kassim A. Gamawa
Total Page Visits: 543 - Today Page Visits: 1